Ya know something interesting about the Marvel/DC ‘rivalry’ on tumblr?
Everyone acts like DC is this super regressive company compared to Marvel when DC really did more progressive stuff first and is still doing so.
Women as heroes?
DC’s had Wonder…
That’s true. We’ve had four Black Widow movies.
Listen if you’re 14, 15, 16, 17 years old and you’re coming from a country that’s gang infested, particularly with MS-13-types. That is the most aggressive of all the street gangs. When you have those types coming across the border, they’re not children at that point. These kids have been brought up in a culture of thievery. A culture of murder, of rape. And now we are going to infuse them into the American culture. It’s just ludicrous.
Holdon, I speak Old White Man. Let me translate.
"These kids are from places that have been ravaged by American via imperialism and ludicrous drug policies, and as such have been robbed of their childhood and innocence, are forced to grow up too fast and are forced out of their home countries, and therefore do not meet my standards of what it means to be a middle-class white American child, so let’s send them back into places where they may well be the victims of violence, because fuck ‘em."
An expert in one of the newer world languages—Old White Man—has thoughtfully translated this oration for us!
Come on,Rogers,move it!
guys, remember how i can make everything about neuroscience? this scene, though. if steve’s hippocampus — that’s memory storage — is as super as the rest of him the way that the times square exhibit says…it’s actually not that far-fetched to conclude that when steve remembers something, he remembers it like this. like, this might not be an exaggeration. steve might be able to literally watch memories play out in front of him.
his nightmares must be horrible.
Oh god…how well does Steve remember going into the ice? or for that matter, Bucky falling?
- told Neville to stand up to people
- confronted a full-sized mountain troll to save a girl he couldn’t stand
- said it didn’t matter whether someone was a pureblood, half-blood, or Muggle-born
- gave Dobby his sweater
- faced a bunch of giant spiders in the hopes of saving the school and clearing Hagrid’s name
- told Luna he loved her Quidditch commentary, and very sincerely tried to convince her he wasn’t teasing her
- stood up on a broken leg, trying to protect Harry
- gave up his grudge against Hermione the moment he learned how much she, Hagrid, and Buckbeak needed him
- realized he was wrong about Harry putting his name in the Goblet of Fire, and promptly went to apologize
- jumped into a freezing pond to save Harry and retrieve the Sword of Gryffindor
- confronted his best friend to prevent his sister’s heart being broken any further than it already was
- begged Bellatrix to torture him in place of Hermione
- couldn’t break up with a girl who drove him nuts because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings
- remembered the Hogwarts House Elves when no one else did, and wanted to make them evacuate, rather than order them to fight
- tried to go back to Harry and Hermione as soon as he left them
- didn’t make excuses for leaving, he came right out and admitted he had been wrong
- didn’t get angry at Hermione for taking a long time to forgive him
- saved Tonks’s life (while impersonating Harry to lower Harry’s chances of being killed, at the same time increasing his own)
- told Hermione not to curse Draco, even though he hates him
In conclusion, Ron is awesome. The end.
and he put his shoes and socks on dobby to be buried in because he knew how much dobby loved clothes. disliking ron weasley’s character makes 0 sense.
Don’t forget the countless times he stood up for Hermione when Snape insulted her.
Randy Perry runs through a slow couple of episodes, but the second pair in this set of four are freaking gold and a showcase for Sarah Michelle Gellar and Eliza Duskhu.
Another thing I love about “Who Are You” is that it’s not a typical lessons-learning body-swap scenario. Often in body-swap stories, the characters learn what it’s like for the person they swap into; here, Buffy and Faith learn more about what it’s like to be themselves. Especially Faith - as she fights Buffy in the episode’s climax, and beats up her own body, it’s pure self-loathing: “You’re nothing! Disgusting, murderous bitch!” is obviously more about herself than it is about Buffy. (And throughout the episode, as Faith sees how everyone (Willow, Riley, the random girl she saves) reacts to Buffy, what she sees is how they wouldn’t react that way to her.) It’s both rock-bottom and an epiphany - and though Faith’s arc will continue on ANGEL, we won’t see her again here until the last few episodes of the series.
Is that a dishwasher?
no, that’s just an xbox one. it just looks a bit funny. must be customized…
Guys have you never seen a 3D-printer for furniture before? Kids these days i s2g
guys, idk what you’re talking about, this is a single-pair underwear washing machine. they haven’t been seen in years!
No no no, it’s a pizza bagel oven. It has the slide-out tray, timer and everything!
If they show sports events at bars why don’t they show tv shows?
someone should get to making a fandom bar.
no but can you imagine? fandom themed drinks, tv show maraton nights, discount to cosplayers, and special season finale events.WHY ISNT THIS A THING??!!
…these places definitely do exist, tho.
Maybe I’m a bitter loner, but you know what I go to a bar for? Drinking and maybe talking with two or three people. That up there sounds like a club and I’d go nuts.